online web builder

EPC Assessments UK

For a quote ring 01323 841488 or 07867 960 711

Or Email

Domestic and Commercial EPC, SAP, SBEM & BRUKL, Asbestos Surveys and DEC


Quick Turnaround

The UK EPC surveyor will try to produce the Energy Performance Certificate in the quickest time possible. This will however depend on the complexity of the building and if the property has been registered with Landmark.

Commercial EPC

Qualified UK assessors

We will provide you with fully compliant assessors who are qualified to the level required for your type of building. They all belong to accreditation bodies who audit their work.

Domestic EPC

Reports that last for 10 Years

All Commercial EPC reports are valid for a ten year period from the date that they were produced. Reports can be transferred from one owner to another on the sale of the property or from tenant to tenant for leasehold.

About Us

Commercial EPC UK - 01323 841488

Our EPC UK assessors have been carrying out Commercial EPCs in UK since 2007, when they were first introduced under EU Legislation. Our professional team of highly skilled energy assessors are available to help with all your queries and to supply you with your Commercial EPC in UK in an timely and efficient manner. Having been in the energy business for since 2007, our gained knowledge puts us in an exceptional position to supply support and advice for all your Commercial needs. As all buildings are unique, we quote for each property individually, ranging from the least to the most complex, ensuring we can provide your Commercial Energy Performance Certificate for a competitive price, whilst maintaining the highest possible standards.

Commercial EPC UK, Our commitment to you:
Free impartial advice.
Great customer service.
Flexible booking system.
Full after sales support.
Highly competitive pricing.

We have great satisfaction in fulfilling our clients needs, who come back to us time and again to supply their UK Commercial EPCs. We take pleasure in satisfying our clients individual needs.

We are perfectly happy to give our support and help on matters relating to Energy Performance Certificates. To contact us for a quote, either give us a call on 01323 841488 or email us at We look forward to carrying out your commerical EPC Survey, wherever it may be in UK.

The construction and layout of commercial property in UK varies considerably - for the purposes of the EPC, buildings are bracketed into 3 levels of complexity. The assessor producing the certificate must be qualified to the relevant level. Our highly skilled EPC UK assessors have the relevant levels of qualification to produce Commercial Energy Performance Certificates for any type of non domestic building in any UK postcode.

Free advice is always available for our Commercial EPC UK Business Owners, Solicitors, Agents or Premises Occupiers. We can provide advice on Commercial EPCs, level 3, 4 and 5 as well as Domestic EPCs, ESOS, DECs and SAP EPCs.

When is the EPC required?

Energy Performance of Buildings Legislation

The EPC must be commissioned (ordered) before a building is marketed for rent. Before marketing the building, an agent acting on behalf of the prospective landlord must be satisfied that an energy performance certificate has been commissioned for the building. The prospective landlord and agent (if there is an agent) must use all reasonable efforts to secure that a valid energy performance certificate is obtained for the building before the end of a period of 7 days starting with the day on which the building was first put on the market. If it was simply not possible to obtain the EPC within 7 days then, a further 21 days is allowed but this further 21 days is only allowed if all reasonable efforts were made to obtain the EPC in the first 7 days.

What are the Penalties?

Non Compliance for For a Commercial EPC or Domestic EPC ins

Like the majority of the regulations, the penalty notice parts have been slightly re-written and slightly simplified. In relation to a dwelling and a failure to commission before marketing or make available / give an EPC to a tenant, the penalty is £200.00.

Where the building is not a dwelling (commercial buildings) the penalty is calculated by the formula with a minimum of £500 and a maximum of £5000.

Fully Qualified Assessors

Providing a Professional Service

The accredited UK Commercial or Non-Domestic energy assessor, will visit your property and do a full survey to produce an Energy Performance Certificate that will then be lodged at Landmark Registry. This certificate is valid for 10 Years and must be produced before the property is marketed for sale or rent. We can supply you with commercial EPCs in the UK area. Commercial EPCs start at £150 and will depend on the type of building, size and other contributing factors. Domestic EPCs are £100 for properties with up to 4 bedrooms. The report will be sent to you by email as a pdf document that can then be sent on to your solicitor or estate/management agency.

Domestic EPC

What is a domestic EPC?

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is built, sold or rented. You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

In Scotland, you must display the EPC somewhere in the property, eg in the meter cupboard or next to the boiler.

An EPC contains information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

Commercial EPC UK

What are commercial EPCs?

A Commercial EPC enables a potential buyer, tenant or building occupier to assess the value of a property when buying or renting a commercial building. Knowing the Energy Performance of a building can increase its worth, due to the additional energy savings.

The Commercial EPC gives the whole building a rating between "A" being the most energy efficient and "G" being the least energy efficient, for energy performance. This allows you the ability to compare fuel savings with other similar buildings, by seeing what rating they have achieved.

EPCs are required, for all “conditioned” commercial properties more than 50 square metres when they are sold, let, modified (building fabric or services) or constructed.

A “conditioned” property is one with a roof and walls which uses energy to condition the indoor climate, i.e. some levels of heating, mechanical ventilation or cooling.

Before a property is sold or let, a Commercial EPC must be in place. The assessment process must be carried out by an Energy Assessor who has the correct NDEA qualification. The collection of data for the Commercial Energy Performance Certificate can be a lot more complex than for Domestic properties.

We will therefore supply you with the correct level Non-Domestic Energy Assessor (NDEA) who will carry out the survey in the quickest possible time. All our assessors are fully compliant with Government guidelines and industry conventions. They are also fully accredited and have professional indemnity insurance through their accreditation bodies. We cover all areas of England, Wales and Scotland.

We will quote for the work to be done depending on the complexity of the building to be surveyed. The Commercial EPC visit will normally take between one to two hours to complete. We will inform you of this before the Commercial Energy Assessor is assigned to your property.
What buildings are exempt?

The following buildings do not require an EPC:-

Places of worship

Stand alone buildings of less than 50sq metres.

Particular buildings with a low energy demand (e.g. barns and other agricultural buildings)

Temporary buildings with a planned time of use of two years or less

Buildings due to be shortly demolished
What information do we require?

1. Size of the property to be assessed in square metres or square feet

2. A photograph of the property.

3. Plans of the property if they are available.

4. Property Address with postcode.

5. Your contact details with email, home and mobile numbers.

6. The time scale you may be working to.

What will the Assessor be looking at in the building?

The Commercial Energy Assessor needs to map out and understand the internal layout of the building and for what purpose each part is designed for.

They will be surveying and gathering data on all of the following in order to produce the Commercial EPC:-

The construction of the fabric of the building and the thermal efficiency of the materials used in the roofs, walls, floors, and windows and doors

The dimensions of the individual spaces or zones in the building either from existing floor plans or, as measured including window areas

The activities conducted within the zones, for example office space, retail space, storage, kitchen, staff rooms etc

The heating and ventilation services within each individual zone including the type of system, the system controls, metering etc

The specific lighting and controls within each zone 


Display Energy Certificate UK

All buildings over 250m2 that are visited by the public are legally required to have a Display Energy Certificate and to have it on show at all times. The Display Energy Certificate uses actual energy bill data to give a property an energy performance rating on an A to G scale, comparing a building's performance to that of other buildings with the same usage across the UK.

We have been producing DECs since they first came into existence in 2008. Our years of experience enable us to provide certification in an accurate, fast and efficient manner, and lets us maintain our position as one of the most competitively priced companies in the industry.

As well as providing you with an energy performance rating, a DEC also comes with an advice report specifically tailored to your building. If done properly then this is a valuable tool, enabling you to better understand where energy savings can be made, allowing you to reduce your overheads and increase your profits.

Our highly experienced team of DEC assessors have worked with thousands buildings of all sizes and levels of complexity. We are perfectly placed to help you identify where energy savings can be made, from identifying low cost and no cost measures to helping you plan for major infrastructure projects such as renewables installations.

We pride ourselves on providing a first class service for a highly competitive price, helping our clients save energy and drive down overheads.

Call us today to find out more or for a highly competitive quote.

Domestic New Build

SAP Assessments

A SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure) is required for new build residential buildings. It is essentially a calculation for modelling your design and checking compliance with CO2 targets. SAP calculates a dwelling’s CO2 emissions, along with likely energy costs for space, water heating and lighting per square metre, producing a score between 1-100. The higher the number, the more energy efficient the property is. The SAP model is created using design drawings and is checked against building regulations (Approved Document Part L in England and Wales, and Technical Handbook Section 6 in Scotland). To show compliance on new builds, the Dwelling Emission Rate must be equal to or better (lower) than the target. A SAP is used to produce an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate), which is required before you can sell or rent the completed building. Make sure the EPC doesn't hold up your handover. A SAP may also be required for existing residential buildings that are being extended or renovated.

Commercial New Build


Who needs SBEM calcs and BRUKL reports?

SBEM stands for Simplified Building Energy Model and is the government approved way to check the energy performance of a commercial property. An SBEM assessment is required at the beginning and end of a construction project and is used to produce a building regulations compliance report and an On Construction Energy Performance Certificate (OC EPC).

Before the build starts a Design Stage SBEM Calculation should be carried out and given to Building Control or the approved inspector at the same time as the Building Control Application is submitted.

Once the build is complete an As Built SBEM Calculation needs to be carried out and a ‘pass’ certificate must be produced and given to your inspector to demonstrate compliance with the relevant Building Regulations.

Following this, an up-to-date On Construction Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) can be produced.
Phone Number

In England the calculations have been required by building control since 2006 for all commercial new builds and may also be needed for conversions or extensions. The Building Regulations United Kingdom part L (BRUKL) report that is produced by carrying out SBEM calculations is used to demonstrate a new building is compliant with Part L2a of the UK building regulations, or Part L2b if it is a conversion or extension of an existing building.

In Northern Ireland SBEM Calculations are required for all commercial new builds over 50m2 and may also be needed for conversions or extensions. The Building Regulations United Kingdom part L (BRUKL) report that is produced by carrying out SBEM calculations is used to demonstrate a new building is compliant with Part F2 of the Building Regulations (Northern Ireland), which closely mirrors the UK Building Regulations Part L2a for new builds and L2b for conversions and extensions.

In Scotland SBEM Calculations are required for all commercial new builds over 50m2 and may also be needed for conversions or extensions, and are used to demonstrate compliance with Section 6 of the Scottish Building Standards. SBEM calculations must be provided at the design stage and after construction (as built). The Building Emission Rate (BER) must not exceed the Target Emission Rate (TER) in order for the property to comply. Properties that are unheated, temporary or places of worship may be exempt.
Is My Building Exempt?

Most new build commercial buildings, conversions and large extensions require SBEM Calculations, however there are a small number of exemptions, including:

Places of worship
Temporary buildings
Unheated units
In Northern Ireland and Scotland, buildings under 50m2 total floor area.
in England buildings under 50m2 total floor area that are entirely detached (no part of the building touching another building)

What does the SBEM calculation process involve?

SBEM Calculations for new build commercial buildings are more in depth than their counterparts that are used to produce EPCs for existing buildings. and generally involve making a 3d model of the building in specialist software. The assessor carrying out the survey must have a Non Domestic Energy Assessor (NDEA) qualification at level 4 or 5, depending on what is appropriate for the type of building.

During the survey the assessor will use the architectural drawings to make a 3d computer model of the building in specialist software such as Design Builder or IES. This model is then loaded with additional data about the construction and services and the buildings energy performance and carbon emission ratings are calculated and compared to target figures defined by the relevant Building Regulations.

The calculation itself follows the Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) methodology. The assessor does not make any subjective judgements about the energy performance of the building, but rather collects data which is fed into the software that calculates the result.

SBEM Calculations for new build commercial buildings are extremely detailed, and require very precise information about the fabric of the building and all its services. If any of this information is not available then default values need to be used, but this means the compliance report is unlikely to show a pass. For this reason the more information you have available about your building the better. We are happy to work with your architectural or engineering team to ensure all the data required is properly collated.
What do I get?

Once we have all the information required to carry out your SBEM calculations it will take us approximately 5 working days to produce the compliance report and EPC. If the compliance report shows a pass, and the build is complete, then you will receive a copy of the report and the EPC. For design stage calculations we provide an "As Designed" compliance report and a draft EPC. If the building is failing to meet its targets then we will work with you to find different ways you can improve the rating, with the aim of establishing the most practical and cost effective way of doing so. We will provide 3 different scenarios for no extra cost. Further scenarios can be quoted for and provided as needed.
Who will carry out the calculations?

Easy EPC have a highly skilled team of NDEA Level 4 assessors. All our Level 4 assessors are fully accredited and insured to complete SBEM calculations, BRUKL reports and Commercial On Construction EPC.

We have the ability to carry out surveys on any type of building, from the smallest corner shop to large shopping centres and skyscraper office blocks. Our highly experienced office based technical team can carry out the modelling and calculations for every type of project, from simple industrial units to highly complex buildings such as shopping centres and skyscrapers. We are able to produce your Commercial EPCs quickly and accurately, working to the very highest standard.
What is required to complete the calculations?

HVAC info – location/heat recovery, make/model
Lighting loads (w/m2 @ 100 LUX, or, lumens/watts either per zone or average for building)
Hot water systems (storage tank make/model/size)
U-Values – walls, floors, roofs, glazing, doors
Plans and elevations – including measurements (not Autocad files please)
Overview of mechanical ventilation – location, heat recovery, make/model etc.
External elevations / conceptual drawings
Air test Certificate if >500m2 (or if <500m2 and permeability is being declared as less than 15)
Information on any renewable technology

Optional but helpful:

Photographs of the project - during construction and upon completion 

Asbestos Surveys UK

Asbestos Reports UK

Our UKAS accredited team of asbestos surveyors are highly experienced in undertaking both domestic and commercial surveys on properties and projects of any scale. We provide accurate and detailed asbestos reports to our clients with a quick turnaround, whilst ensuring we are one of the most competitively priced companies in the industry.

It is a legal requirement for all non domestic properties constructed prior to 2000 to have an asbestos survey in place at all times. In cases where a non domestic property has been found to contain asbestos then the report will contain an action plan that must be followed, also in these cases regular re-inspection will be required. For domestic properties there is currently no legal requirement to carry out an asbestos survey, however in our experience building surveyors often incorrectly presume suspect building materials contain asbestos, leading to devaluation of your property. By having a professional asbestos survey carried out you can mitigate against this risk, and identify and remediate against any issues before they become a problem.

There are a variety of different types or asbestos survey, which vary in complexity depending on the type of building being surveyed. Our team of experts is on hand to provide you with detailed guidance as to exactly what your asbestos reporting compliance obligations are, and to help you identify the most suitable and cost effective survey solution for your property.

Contact us today to for more detailed information, and to recieve a highly competitive quote for your asbestos survey.

How long will an EPC visit take?

By Qualified Energy Assessors

The time it takes to carry out the assessment will be determined by the size and complexity of the building. We will ring you to arrange the appointment at a convenient time with you and we will discuss payment details and the length of time the visit will last. Access to all parts of the building will be necessary and pictures will be taken for auditing purposes.
The assessor will ensure the certificate is produced in the quickest time possible. 

Energy Efficiency Standards

As of 1 April 2018, part three of the Energy Efficiency (Private Rented Property) (England and Wales) Regulations 2015, more commonly known as the MEES regulations, came in to effect. These relate to minimum energy efficiency standards that affect commercial property, as well as residential property. 
 The new Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) legislation means that from April 2018, landlords cannot grant a  new tenancy for a property with an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rated below an E. We can survey  your entire portfolio, wherever the properties are and whatever types of buildings are included.

Accreditation Bodies

Fully Audited Assessments

All our assessors are accredited through one or more of the following Government approved accreditation bodies: Quidos, Stroma, BRE, Elmhurst, ECMK, CIBSE, NAPIT, RICS, Sterling.

Opening Times

Mon     8.00am-6.00pm
Tue      8.00am-6.00pm
Wed     8.00am-6.00pm
Thur     8.00am-6.00pm
Fri         8.00am-6.00pm
Sat       8.00am-6.00pm
Sun      Closed

Ring us for a quote

Tel: 01323 841488

Mobile: 07867 960 711


Speak to our Energy Assessments Manager